Wednesday, February 16, 2011

THE MOUNTAIN BETWEEN US:

So over the weekend, I had the chance to finally get to the library back home.  I recently, as in, within the past four years, have taken up common library visits.  I'm not really sure why I really like reading now since I never liked to read, but I did.  I'm reading this book written by Charles Martin, entitled "The Mountain Between Us."  This book is about a doctor, who is flying back from a medical conference.  However, his flight is delayed due to bad weather.  While waiting to discover that it has been canceled, he meets a woman who is getting married within the next 48 hours. When he learns that his flight was canceled, he goes to a neighboring charter airplane, owned by a man named Grover.  The pilot agrees to drive the doctor and engaged woman to Denver.  Unfortunately, while in mid-flight, the pilot has a heart attack and crashes.  I haven't finished yet but so far, the doctor has assessed that he has a few broken ribs and the woman has a dislocated shoulder and broken femur. He soon realizes that the bones must be set in place for proper healing.  After a couple days on the mountain, the doctor goes fishing and hunting, and managed to kill a mountain lion that has been stalking the crash site. As of right now, his main goal is to get to lower ground but when he makes an attempt, a severe storm picks up and must turn back.
So far, I really like this book and am anxious to see how it ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment