Sunday, January 23, 2011

TRAVELLING...ISH:

After I get settled in my career and have paid off all of my debt, I would love to travel.  My dream vacation would be going to Egypt.  I would have dreamed of seeing the pyramids.  Ancient Egypt has always been fascinating to me because of their monuments, and the statues, etc.  It seems like a truly miraculuos place to visit.  I would also like to go out West.  I want to go see the national parks like Yellowstone or Yosemite.  Another dream vacation is, to most people, not a vacation.  I want to be a member of Doctors Without Borders.  This group is an "international medical humanitarian organization working in more than 60 countries to assist people whose survival is threatened by violence, neglect, or catastrophe."  I've been wanting to participate in this group since the ninth grade.  I want to be a part of something bigger.  I want to help those who are unable to help themselves.  It would be such an honor to be able to work for this group because it means so much to me.  There are people out there who are suffering and deserve better than what they are given.  Americans have so much and we take it all for granted.  I want to go to a third-world country and do what I can to make their lives just a little bit easier.

1 comment:

  1. Look into this program and also check out what you can do through a study abroad program here on campus. These are great opportunities to travel, see new places, and learn a lot while you are there.

    ReplyDelete